India is a medical hub and tourism country across the world. The Indian government has started medical visas for the people who intend to get medical treatments in India also, enjoy diversity of Indian tourism economically. Indian Medical visa is applicable only for those, who are seeking to get treatment in government recognised hospital.
• Medical e-Visa (Online visa)
• Medical Visa (Paper base)
• The Applicants wishing to visit India for medical treatment should apply for Medical Visa (MV).
• Medical Visa is issued on the basis preliminary medical advice from the country of origin/residence and has been advised to go for specialized treatment.
• Person accompanying the patient would be issued Medical Attendant Visa (MX).
• Medical Visa would generally be issued up to 1 year or the period of treatment whichever is less.
• Medical visa is not applicable for surrogacy.
• All applicants visiting India on medical visa are required to get registered within 14 days of arrival with concerned Foreigners Regional Registration Officer (FRRO).
• However, not all the countries are eligible for applying for a Medicale-Visa. Please check all of the countries name for which medical e-Visa is applicable are mentioned at below.
• Medical e-Visa (online visa)
SriiRadheMedicure is working partner with Radhe Overseas Immigration & Consultants. Therefore, you don’t have to worry about Medical e-Visa application. We will apply visa and it will come up with medical treatment quote. Whoever are not getting treatment through us, please fill form at below.
• Medical Visa (Paper base)
This is a paper base visa. You have to apply through Indian Embassy or VFS Global, whichever is closer to you. Our team will help you to prepare documents. Please make sure that patient have to apply Medical visa and accompany person with the patient has to apply for Medical Attendant Visa (MX).
1.Following steps are required to apply for a medical visa to India:
2.Filling the visa application form.
3. After completing the form with all the correct information, a print copy of the application is taken out.
4. All the documents listed below are collected.
5. Then, the applicant needs to visit the nearby India embassy in his/her country.
6. The application form along with the documents are submitted.
7. The applicant has to wait for up to 3 weeks for approval. Once the visa is approved, the travel dates can be scheduled.
8. The visa is stamped at the Airport after the arrival.
1. Passport with 6 months validity and 2 blank pages
2. Recent Passport size photographs – Digital photo in JPEG format
3. Scanned Passport front and last page in pdf format
4. A Visa Invitation Letter – This can be arranged by a facilitation company if you are coming to India through them. If you are going through SriiRadheyMedicure then our team will arrange this letter for you.
1.Passport with 6 months validity and 2 blank pages.
2.Recent Passport size photographs
3.Photocopy of the passport.
4.Print out of the visa application form.
5.Proof of residential address
6.A medical document from the native country recommending a particular medical centre for the treatment.
7.Passport copy of the attendant (for the medical attendant visa)
8.Proof of relationship with the attendant.
9.Medical reports from the doctor.
10.A Visa Invitation Letter – This can be arranged by a facilitation company if you are coming to India through them. If you are going through SriiRadheyMedicure then our team will arrange this letter for you.
• The Indian Medical e-Visa validity will be 60 days from the date of arrival. Means you can’t stay more than 6o days in India.
• The Indian Medical e-Visa allows for 3 entries in a year.
• You can enter in India on any date during a year.
• The Indian Medical e-Visa is non-extendable, non-convertible and not valid for visiting protected restricted Areas.
• The Traveller are required to have sufficient funds to support themselves during their stay in India
• Travelers are required to carry a copy of their Visa letter at all times during their stay
• The Traveller’s passport must have at least 6 months validity from the date of arrival in India, and two blank pages.
• The Traveller make sure that you have same passport, which you used to applying the Medical e-Visa.
• Yellow Fever affected countries must carry a yellow fever vaccination card at the time of arrival in India, However, if you don’t have this card then may be you have to quarantined for 6 days upon arrival in India.
It is easy just ask your hospital’s doctor to write a letter about your medical condition, treatment required, on hospitals letter head.
If you go through service provider like Srii Radhey Medicure then you can contact the service provider company. They can assist you in the entire process from selection of the hospital to your arrival in India.
There is a special visa for Medical attendants, it’s called a Medical attendant visa. Two attendants can visit with one patient at one time. The attendants should be in blood relation with the patient or close friend. Attendants will need to apply for a separate visa and will have to go through the same process of visa application. Validity and extension policies of the visa are the same as the medical visa. Patients and attendants have to register themselves with the local FRRO (Foreigners Regional Registration Officer) of FROwithin 14 days of entering India.
It’s depended on applications. Usually, it takes approximately 3 to 5 working days. However, the process is conducted on a priority basis. You may check on Indian government website.
As per Indian government law. All person who are holding medical visa, it is necessary to register themselves with the FRRO (Foreigners Regional Registration Office) or FRO within 14 days after their arrival in India.
The e-medical visa is valid for 60 days from the date of arrival to India. A person is allowed 3 entries for the Visa. The e-Visa for the medical purpose can be applied only 2 times in a year. It is non-extendable, non-convertible and not valid for visiting the restricted areas.
The medical visa is provided either for the duration of the treatment or for one year, whichever is less. However, it can be extended up to another year on the orders of the State Government or FRROs after getting a medical certificate from a recognized hospital of India. The medical visa also allows 3 entries in a year.
The cost of visa application is different in each country. Generally, applicants have to pay around $80 - $100 as a visa fees or in some counties, there is no visa fees for their citizens.
However, some countries are not eligible for a Medical e-Visa as per immigrations laws. The detail of eligible counties for Medical e- Visa and the approximately costs for Medical e-Visa as per Indian government are as per below.
Our service fees are between $50 and $100 (as per your nationality)
Nationality – Indian government fees US $0.00 • Argentina, Cook Islands, Fiji, Indonesia, Jamaica, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Micronesia, Myanmar, Nauru, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Seychelles, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Tonga, Tuvalu, Uruguay, Vanuatu.
Nationality – Indian government fees US $27.00 • Japan, Singapore, Sri Lanka.
Nationality – Indian government fees US $82.00 • Albania, Andorra, Angola, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Armenia, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Cape Verde, Cayman Islands, Chile, Hong Kong, Macao, Colombia, Comoros, Costa Rica, Côte d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican, East Timor, Ecuador, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia, Finland, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lesotho, Liberia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Mali, Malta, Mexico, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Namibia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Norway, Oman, Palestinian Territory, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Rwanda, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Sierra Leone, Slovakia, Slovenia, Suriname, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, Uganda, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vatican City-Holy See, Venezuela, Vietnam, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Nationality – Indian government fees US $103.00 • Benin, Mozambique, Russia, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States.
However, if your parents or grandparents were born in or lived in Pakistan, you will be ineligible to get an e-Visa even if you're a citizen of the above countries. You will have to apply for a normal visa.
The cost of Medical Visa will depend on your nationality and type of application (emergency or normal). Generally, the applicant needs to pay around US $80 - $100.
Patients and attendants traveling from Pakistan and Bangladesh have to make sure that the requirements that are mentioned in Para 106 and Para 118 of the Visa Manual match for citizens of Bangladesh and Pakistan respectively. Furthermore, the citizens of these countries should stand by their date of arrival and departure as per the present policies of their countries.
Airport - Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bagdogra, Bengaluru, Calicut, Chennai, Chandigarh, Cochin, Coimbatore, Delhi, Gaya, Goa, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Mangalore, Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune, Tiruchirapalli, Trivandrum, Varanasi & Vishakhapatnam.
Seaport - Cochin, Goa, Mangalore, Mumbai, Chennai
First of all, you can contact hospital in order to take information about appropriate the time for getting treatment. Moreover, you can also inform the team of facilitation company where staff will be there to assist for accommodation, foods and living environment. In addition, please contact Foreigners Regional Registration Office to solve the issues regarding immigration.
If you have any query, there is 24/7 assistance service available by Srii Radhey Medicure to answer.