- Hospital NameApollo Hospitals
- Address Tamil Nadu, India
- Expertise In
Heart Surgery | Joint Replacement | Dental |
- Established in 1983.
- One of the best hospitals for heart care in India.
- First Indian hospital to introduce techniques in coronary angioplasty, stereotactic radiotherapy and radio-surgery (for brain tumours).
- Major specialties includes Heart, Cancer, Bones, Joints & Spine, Organ Transplants, Neurology, Gastro & Colorectal, Bariatric Surgery, Gynaecology & Infertility and Ophthalmology.
- First Indian hospital to be awarded the IS0 9001 and ISO 14001 certifications.
- First hospital in South India to be accredited by the Joint Commission International USA and subsequently reaccredited 4 times.
- The hospital houses 60 departments spearheaded by internationally trained and skillful medical experts.
- For the first time in India, 'Only Pancreas' transplant was successfully performed in Apollo Hospital.
- The hospital has also successfully performed Asia’s first en-bloc combined heart & liver transplant attaining a remarkable achievement in the global healthcare space.
- Receives over 10,000 pharmacy walk-ins, 2200 admissions, and over 3000 emergency cases daily.
- The hospital has 560 beds and 46 ICU beds along with 15 operating rooms.
- Apollo Hospital in Chennai is one of the few hospitals that perform computer assisted Total Knee Replacement.
- It houses the latest medical technologies like Robotics and CyberKnife treatments, helping their patients to recover fast.
- The hospital consists of a temple of Goddess Krishnamariamman, a Namaz room and a Prayer Cell.
- Postal facility is available at the Despatch Section in the ground floor.
- Safe deposit lockers are available at the security office. In case of theft or loss, security may be notified immediately.